Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is stuck in Turn Digital Crown to unlock and eject water but the Digital Crown is not doing anything

I have a new Apple Watch Series 5 and it updated this morning to watchOS 6.1.1. It wasn't dropped or misused in any way, but this evening I was getting some eratic taptic feedback from the device and I tried to check if I could do something to make it go back to normal. For instance when I was going through notifications it did some jumping up/down or when I went to the all apps screen it did not allow me to choose an app but was zooming in/out.

My idea was that maybe some kind of water or humidity went in the device and I tried the Eject Water functionality but since then my device has got stuck in the water lock screen and when I try to unlock it I get nothing from the Digital Crown.

I found Apple's tip about running lukewarm water for about 15 seconds but it also did nothing. Can I reset it some how to at least get it out of Water Lock mode until I get it to Apple Service?

Thanks,

G.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 3:22 PM

Try a reset by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

Similar questions

1 reply

My Apple Watch is stuck in Turn Digital Crown to unlock and eject water but the Digital Crown is not doing anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.