Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 - Stuck on Water mode.

My Apple Watch Series 4 Won't come out of water mode, the digital crown isnt doing anything.

Now I've seen numerous responses to other users with this issue and I'd like something that is helpful please.

Turning the crown until it beeps is NOT helpful, that's the problem, that's what doesn't work.

Swiping up from the bottom is NOT helpful. It's on water mode so the screen won't work until the crown works.

hard reset (holding in both buttons) does not work it simply comes back on in water mode with unresponsive bezel.

I fear the only option might be to factory reset the apple watch or get it repaired which would be a shame as its not actually that old.

Also unable to update as it was already up to date.

Any one got a suggestions ?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:22 AM

At this point, if possible, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies

Apple Watch Series 4 - Stuck on Water mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.