Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobooks can no longer be sorted by author

I can not find an option under Books to sort my audiobooks by author. This existed in iTunes. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 2:23 PM

7 replies

Dec 19, 2019 3:55 PM in response to bobio

bobio,

Thanks for reaching out to our Apple Support Communities page, I will do all I can to help you find the answers you need.

These steps will help you with sorting your Books across all your Apple devices. I hope this help, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Dec 26, 2019 2:00 PM in response to bobio

Bobio,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. You can choose to show or hide the title and author when you sort. In the sidebar, click All Books, Books, Audiobooks, PDFs, Authors, Categories, or a collection (below Collections).

If you're not see these options, please ensure your Mac is up-to-date. Here's how: Keep your Mac up to date

Take care.

Dec 26, 2019 2:06 PM in response to genieen16

Genieen 16, thank you. This is true. One can choose to show or hide the title and author. But, as I mentioned, there is no option to SORT by author. The sort options are: "Most Recent, Title, or Sort Manually". What is missing, but was present before, is the ability to SORT by author. I hope that this is restored.

Audiobooks can no longer be sorted by author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.