Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated my mac and now my photoshop program doesn't work

I just updated my mac with the update catalina and now my Photoshop (as well as my word program and several others) are not working. But I am in most need of my photoshop. Help please!

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 8:40 AM

If you want to check which of your apps is 32 bit (or 64 bit), simply go to the Apple > System Report > scroll down to Applications; you will see if they are 64 bit (yes or no) in the right column. No need to download another app.

If you have older MS programs or an older version of Photoshop, check the developers' sites for options; most current versions are now on a subscription basis although some are available for a one time purchase. For MS apps, you can try the free Libre office prgram. A less expensive alternative to Photoshop might be Affinity Photo.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 8:40 AM in response to needsomehelpwiththis

If you want to check which of your apps is 32 bit (or 64 bit), simply go to the Apple > System Report > scroll down to Applications; you will see if they are 64 bit (yes or no) in the right column. No need to download another app.

If you have older MS programs or an older version of Photoshop, check the developers' sites for options; most current versions are now on a subscription basis although some are available for a one time purchase. For MS apps, you can try the free Libre office prgram. A less expensive alternative to Photoshop might be Affinity Photo.

Dec 15, 2019 8:25 AM in response to needsomehelpwiththis

No 32bit apps will run.

Install go64 app and see if your Photoshop is 32bit version

If it is 32bit you have three options

• subscribe to a new version of Photoshop (monthly payments)
  • Revert to Mojave from your Time Machine or clone backup.
  • Use Gimp

Office for mac 2016 or 2019 or 365 subscription will work, but office 2011 will not

go64 https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

I recently updated my mac and now my photoshop program doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.