Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is synchronizing calendars such a pain

For about 10 years I am in the Apple ecosystem and never ever found a way to synchronize my calendars in a neat, more or less intuitive and straight-forward way. Sometimes -after hours of trial and error- the synchronization between my Apple devices works .... until the next software update of IOS or MACOS. Then you know you have to start all over again to check which calendar data has been corrupted or is missing. Not to mention the events that occur 3 or 4 times in one day in 2 or more calendars.

I am using an iMac, iPhone and iPad and to be compatible with non-Apple devices I also use Google Agenda.

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 7:13 AM

If you use iCloud synchronizing calendars is about the easiest thing to do, have you turned on iCloud on all of your devices and set it up? I have an iPad, iPhone, iMac, MacBook Air and can sync and my wife has a Mac mini, iPad & iPhone and we can easily sync all calendars across all of the devices.

Please refer to iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 7:13 AM in response to hanyvo

If you use iCloud synchronizing calendars is about the easiest thing to do, have you turned on iCloud on all of your devices and set it up? I have an iPad, iPhone, iMac, MacBook Air and can sync and my wife has a Mac mini, iPad & iPhone and we can easily sync all calendars across all of the devices.

Please refer to iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud

Why is synchronizing calendars such a pain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.