Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi guys.

I’m someone from a country where Apple phones aren’t that common. I didn’t know that Apple ID and password would be crucial while using iPhone so I didn’t set my phone but my moms friend did it. I later couldn’t remember the password and reset it twice in the same month (sorry I’m careless and forgets often). Now I can’t reset it even after possibly trying everything. And hence I can’t update and download apps and that’s giving a problem. If anyone can give me some useful tips, I would be more than grateful. Whenever I try to open that Apple ID suggestions, I can’t. It always says verification failed. Sorry for my not so good grammar :) looking forward to hearing lots of responses from y’all

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 7:43 AM

What happens when you try to reset the password? Error message(s)?

Have you tried entering the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 7:43 AM in response to TsheringChuki

What happens when you try to reset the password? Error message(s)?

Have you tried entering the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Dec 15, 2019 8:19 AM in response to TsheringChuki

contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID

Dec 15, 2019 8:00 AM in response to Eric Root

I clicked on the forgot password and did all the necessary things like entering the verification code sent to my number and etc. at last, I had to enter my passcode (I think that’s the last process to reset) and I did enter the right passcode but it always says it’s incorrect. That’s giving me a headache! Any solution after this please?

Hi guys.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.