Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers spreadsheet

Hi there, when entering data onto a numbers spreadsheet the curser moves down when you press enter. My question; can you format a sheet do that the curser moves to the right when you press enter. Hope you can help :-) thanks

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 3:52 PM

No.

But if you enter the data, then press tab, the insertion point will move one cell to the right.

When you reach the last cell in which you will enter data in that row, enter the data, then press return to move to the cell below the one you started with.

Keystrokes to enter the 'data' shown in the table below, starting with cell B2 selected: (comma and space between items are not included as keystrokes)

a, tab, b, tab, c, tab, d, return, e, tab, f, tab, g, tab, h, tab, i, return

j, return

Start:

After keystroke series listed above:

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 3:52 PM in response to clive299

No.

But if you enter the data, then press tab, the insertion point will move one cell to the right.

When you reach the last cell in which you will enter data in that row, enter the data, then press return to move to the cell below the one you started with.

Keystrokes to enter the 'data' shown in the table below, starting with cell B2 selected: (comma and space between items are not included as keystrokes)

a, tab, b, tab, c, tab, d, return, e, tab, f, tab, g, tab, h, tab, i, return

j, return

Start:

After keystroke series listed above:

Regards,

Barry

Numbers spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.