Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X will not power on (iOS 13)

Hello everyone,

I was using my iPhone X (no cosmetic damage) (iOS 13) and it was working perfectly fine. I set the phone down and I noticed after 10 minutes that the apple start up screen was on. I left the phone alone. I then tried to turn the phone on (about 20 minutes later) to no avail. The phone was 100% charged. I decided to plug the phone in and nothing. I then tried plugging it into the computer and it does not show up in finder (Catalina). I tried pressing the volume up and down button, then power. Nothing. Then it started cycling in and out with the apple logo. Then nothing. So far it looks like it is dead. Any recommendations on what to do besides bringing it in to Apple? (the closest apple store is a long drive away). I have left the phone plugged in and have tried turning it on or connecting it to the computer with no luck. I have changed cables too and checked that it is indeed giving power. Right now I am just left with a black screen and very rarely, maybe the apple logo for 10 seconds (this only happened once in one hour)

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 4:38 PM

See if this helps: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201412

2 replies

Dec 15, 2019 4:44 PM in response to jplesca

I am no expert by any means but my iPhone 11 did the same exact thing this morning. It had a full charge and had run an iOS update last nite. Black screen and unresponsive in all ways.

I did a soft reboot:

Quick click Volume up followed by quick click Volume down followed by holding in the opposite side button in until the Apple logo comes on. The device reboots and was back to normal.

Easy fix, which is unusual for me. Hope yours is as easy.

iPhone X will not power on (iOS 13)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.