Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The person who I bought my Iphone from will NOT provide the apple ID, and I can not get into the iPhone

Is there a way to get into the iphone without using the previous owners Apple ID?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 3:03 AM

There are a few things you can try here. If they are responding to your attempts at communication and (quite rightly so) not giving you the login details to their AppleID, try the following;

If they refuse to or can not carry out those steps, Apple may be able to step in but in order for them to remove the lock you will need

• The original proof of purchase for the device showing its Serial Number or IMEI (preferably both)

The devices box showing its serial number, or a PayPal receipt are NOT sufficient (ask me how I know...).

Hopefully you have some luck getting them to remove the device from their account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 3:03 AM in response to zoewilliamson19

There are a few things you can try here. If they are responding to your attempts at communication and (quite rightly so) not giving you the login details to their AppleID, try the following;

If they refuse to or can not carry out those steps, Apple may be able to step in but in order for them to remove the lock you will need

• The original proof of purchase for the device showing its Serial Number or IMEI (preferably both)

The devices box showing its serial number, or a PayPal receipt are NOT sufficient (ask me how I know...).

Hopefully you have some luck getting them to remove the device from their account.

The person who I bought my Iphone from will NOT provide the apple ID, and I can not get into the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.