Question: The software was corrupted during download
I recently received a new iPhone XS from apple as the one I purchased at the start of the year had a manufacturer error. When I tried to restore it it told me the iphone must first be updated - so I clicked update.
However every time I try to update I get the error 'the software for the iphone was corrupted during download...'.
So far I have
- disabled and removed all of my antivirus software
- made sure to use an apple brand cable
- used 2 different wifi routers
- restarted both my laptop (Macbook pro) and phone
- tried to restore phone to factory settings and update
none of these have had any effect, does anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem and what I should do to fix it?
iPhone XS, iOS 12