Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad quit responding after my last software up date

How do I remove my last update?

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 10:00 AM

Restore iPad to factory settings

You can use a Mac or Windows PC to erase all data and settings from your iPad, restore iPad to factory settings, and install the latest version of iPadOS.

Important: Restoring your iPad to its factory settings erases all your data and settings. However, before iPad is erased, you have the option to back up your iPad. If you make a backup, you can use the backup to restore your data and settings on your iPad or on a new device. See Restore iPad from a computer backup.

1. Connect iPad and your computer using USB.
  2. Do one of the following:
  • In the Finder sidebar on your Mac: Select your iPad, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPad.
    • Note: To use the Finder to restore iPad to factory settings, macOS Catalina is required. With earlier versions of macOS, use iTunes to restore iPad.
    • In the iTunes app on a Windows PC: Click the iPad button near the top left of the iTunes window, click Summary, then click Restore iPad.
  1. Follow the onscreen instructions.

See the Apple Support article If you can’t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 10:00 AM in response to Powwatka50

Restore iPad to factory settings

You can use a Mac or Windows PC to erase all data and settings from your iPad, restore iPad to factory settings, and install the latest version of iPadOS.

Important: Restoring your iPad to its factory settings erases all your data and settings. However, before iPad is erased, you have the option to back up your iPad. If you make a backup, you can use the backup to restore your data and settings on your iPad or on a new device. See Restore iPad from a computer backup.

1. Connect iPad and your computer using USB.
  2. Do one of the following:
  • In the Finder sidebar on your Mac: Select your iPad, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPad.
    • Note: To use the Finder to restore iPad to factory settings, macOS Catalina is required. With earlier versions of macOS, use iTunes to restore iPad.
    • In the iTunes app on a Windows PC: Click the iPad button near the top left of the iTunes window, click Summary, then click Restore iPad.
  1. Follow the onscreen instructions.

See the Apple Support article If you can’t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

my ipad quit responding after my last software up date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.