Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS mojave can't detect 2560 x 1440 monitor resolution correctly

I have just updated my MacBook Air ( 2017) to macOS mojave. I'm excited about the new features. However, I found that the resolution of my external BenQ GW2765 monitor is not detected correctly by macOS. BenQ GW2765 is a 2560 x 1440 capable monitor

MacBook Air 13", 10.14

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 1:31 PM

If you hold down the Option key when clicking on the "Scaled" option in the Displays pane of System Preferences you should see all the possible resolution options available for your monitor. Is the 2560x1440 mode visible when you try this?

Good luck...

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 17, 2019 2:15 PM in response to pattymeboy

Am confused -- you marked the answer as solving your problem, and then you replied that it didn't help. Can't be both, so am guessing you mistakenly marked the answer as solving your problem. If it doesn't solve the problem you should try and mark it so that moderator can remove the solved status, so that others don't mistakenly think it will help them.

I don't have any personal experience with MacBook Air 2017 running with external monitor, so can't suggest anything further, so perhaps others can offer some other suggestions. I would suggest a trip to your local Apple store's Genius Bar and see if they can offer any suggestions.

Good luck...

macOS mojave can't detect 2560 x 1440 monitor resolution correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.