Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Files in Computer

After downloading a recovery software program, I noticed some anomalous files when I opened my hard drive screen. I do not know where they came from and they will not let me delete them. Please help me!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 3:11 PM

If you don't want to see the invisible files that make up the "guts" of MacOS, you can change the preference for "show all files". In most recent versions, it's a Finder preference (not to be confused with System Preferences).

9 replies

Dec 17, 2019 4:05 PM in response to Ferd II

Sorry, I seem too often to hit the nearest reply button, rather than the OP reply button.

Catalina is a special case, because some of those files are moved to their own read-only Volume. It did not look like Catalina to me.

My reply was intended to be generic, and if anyone wanted to pursue it, they could supply which MacOS version and the procedure could be looked up for that Version.

Now you have covered the Catalina version admirably.

Strange Files in Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.