Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse accuracy - right click in pages

I am using a Magic Mouse 2 in Pages MacOSCatalina MacBook Pro 2019. I have the secondary click set to right hand side. When I click on a spelling mistake in pages (underlined with red text), instead of brining up the dialogue box for spelling correction of that word, the mouse selects text several words along to the right. The track pad does this as well. The only way to get the dialogue box for the word concerned is to select the whole word and then right click on it. Is this something wrong with pages or what? I don't get this kind of problem using Word for Mac.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 5:28 AM

I am using a Magic Mouse 2 with Pages v8.2.1 on Catalina 10.15.2. I have the Edit menu : Spelling and Grammar : Check Spelling While Typing selected.

A right-click on a misspelled word (without first selecting it) results in the customary secondary panel opening with the correctly spelled word, a chance to learn or ignore spelling as expected.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 5:28 AM in response to JonJamesP

I am using a Magic Mouse 2 with Pages v8.2.1 on Catalina 10.15.2. I have the Edit menu : Spelling and Grammar : Check Spelling While Typing selected.

A right-click on a misspelled word (without first selecting it) results in the customary secondary panel opening with the correctly spelled word, a chance to learn or ignore spelling as expected.

magic mouse accuracy - right click in pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.