Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I still approve each game before my kid downloads?

Is the approval process for an Apple Arcade game like it is for other App Store downloads?

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 11:34 AM

Not sure. From Join Apple Arcade - Apple Support:

With Family Sharing, when one person in your family subscribes to Apple Arcade, everyone in your Family gets access.

Since there are no costs involved you might not get an approval request for Apple Arcade apps. Then again according to Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support Ask to Buy can apply to free content too, so perhaps Apple Arcade is treated in the same way.

Unless someone has a definitive answer you might have to volunteer to find out. My kids are all grown up.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 11:34 AM in response to ::mike_skott::

Not sure. From Join Apple Arcade - Apple Support:

With Family Sharing, when one person in your family subscribes to Apple Arcade, everyone in your Family gets access.

Since there are no costs involved you might not get an approval request for Apple Arcade apps. Then again according to Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support Ask to Buy can apply to free content too, so perhaps Apple Arcade is treated in the same way.

Unless someone has a definitive answer you might have to volunteer to find out. My kids are all grown up.

tt2

Can I still approve each game before my kid downloads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.