Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Approve in Person

When approving my kids games they want to download, the "approve in person" option is not showing up. How can I fix it so this option appears Sheff approving downloads?

iPad, 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:28 PM

I'm a household of one, so I don't use Family Sharing (FS). I see many questions here in the App Store forum about FS, it seems many folks don't understand it. I do know that it was intended for use for a family where everyone has their own device. It works better that way. If you had an Apple device the child's request would show up on your device. But I see in Apple's knowledge base article regarding Ask To Buy that there is an option to Approve it in person if the parent is nearby.

An internet search led me to this answer;

"Make sure the app your child would like to download is in full screen (tap on it before you tap GET) Once it's full screen tap get, then Ask, (It will ask for Touch ID first if it is turned on) and at the top select Approve in person from the message displayed."

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 3:28 PM in response to Ronbiz31

I'm a household of one, so I don't use Family Sharing (FS). I see many questions here in the App Store forum about FS, it seems many folks don't understand it. I do know that it was intended for use for a family where everyone has their own device. It works better that way. If you had an Apple device the child's request would show up on your device. But I see in Apple's knowledge base article regarding Ask To Buy that there is an option to Approve it in person if the parent is nearby.

An internet search led me to this answer;

"Make sure the app your child would like to download is in full screen (tap on it before you tap GET) Once it's full screen tap get, then Ask, (It will ask for Touch ID first if it is turned on) and at the top select Approve in person from the message displayed."

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Approve in Person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.