Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update stuck. Where do I download?

So I've been trying to update from Mojave to Catalina. When I update to Catalina 10.15.2, the update only goes to 8.18gb and doesn't continue. I've safe mode, but it doesn't let me go there. So I've been trying to find links to the macos to download the update. I found macos 10.15.2 on the apple support website, and downloaded it, it said that I need macos 15.10. But I can't manage to find macos 15.10 download on apple's website. Anyone know a link?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 8:51 AM

Hi HansenMarudai,

The best way to upgrade to MacOS Catalina is to upgrade from System Preferences. You can also use this link as well: Download MacOS 10.15 Catalina.

Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Software update and try the upgrade again.

To do it via Safe mode, hold down the shift key when you reboot your machine and release it when you see the login window. It will say safe boot in the menu bar on the right.

Also make sure you have a backup before upgrading in case anything should go wrong.

Just a note, Apple removed support for 32 bit applications with MacOS Catalina. If you use 32 bit applications make sure you upgrade them to a 64 bit version before upgrading. You can use an application called Go64 to check to see if you have any 32 bit applications. it will provide a way to download the 64 bit version or purchase if needed.

I hope this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 8:51 AM in response to HansenMarudai

Hi HansenMarudai,

The best way to upgrade to MacOS Catalina is to upgrade from System Preferences. You can also use this link as well: Download MacOS 10.15 Catalina.

Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Software update and try the upgrade again.

To do it via Safe mode, hold down the shift key when you reboot your machine and release it when you see the login window. It will say safe boot in the menu bar on the right.

Also make sure you have a backup before upgrading in case anything should go wrong.

Just a note, Apple removed support for 32 bit applications with MacOS Catalina. If you use 32 bit applications make sure you upgrade them to a 64 bit version before upgrading. You can use an application called Go64 to check to see if you have any 32 bit applications. it will provide a way to download the 64 bit version or purchase if needed.

I hope this helps.

Update stuck. Where do I download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.