Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple iTunes accounts on same computer

Hello, I have purchased an ipod for both of my boys. I currently have my own iTunes account. Can I create one for each of them on my computer? Also, can the music that is downloaded be shared between different iTunes accounts?

iPod Touch

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 7:18 AM

I suggest you go to System Preferences/Users & Groups and create a new standard user account for each child. That will keep everyone's data separate. You can share the music and other purchases by setting up Family Sharing.

If your family members are 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

If they are under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID for them.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy - Get Help

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 7:18 AM in response to mblineback

I suggest you go to System Preferences/Users & Groups and create a new standard user account for each child. That will keep everyone's data separate. You can share the music and other purchases by setting up Family Sharing.

If your family members are 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

If they are under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID for them.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy - Get Help

multiple iTunes accounts on same computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.