Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting music purchased elsewhere onto ipod.

If I put new Itunes on a new Windows PC, and add a lot of music that I did not purchase from Apple, How do I get all that music onto a new ipod?

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 11:10 AM

Shaned61 wrote:

How do I get all that music onto a new ipod?

By adding the music to your iTunes Library and then synchronising the iPod with iTunes. One important point that I suggest you tell us is - does your iPod already have music on it and if so, where did the music come from? It makes a crucial difference to the advice we will offer.

To add the non-Apple purchased music to your iTunes Library, use the iTunes menu:

• for a single song, use File/Add File to Library and when the navigation panel opens, navigate to the folder wit h the song, select the song and click on Open
  • for a folder full of songs (for example, an album), choose File/Add Folder to Library. This time, navigate to (but don't go into) the folder, select the folder and click on the Select Folder button

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 11:10 AM in response to Shaned61

Shaned61 wrote:

How do I get all that music onto a new ipod?

By adding the music to your iTunes Library and then synchronising the iPod with iTunes. One important point that I suggest you tell us is - does your iPod already have music on it and if so, where did the music come from? It makes a crucial difference to the advice we will offer.

To add the non-Apple purchased music to your iTunes Library, use the iTunes menu:

• for a single song, use File/Add File to Library and when the navigation panel opens, navigate to the folder wit h the song, select the song and click on Open
  • for a folder full of songs (for example, an album), choose File/Add Folder to Library. This time, navigate to (but don't go into) the folder, select the folder and click on the Select Folder button

Getting music purchased elsewhere onto ipod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.