Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new ipod - I have a lot of music on my mac I want to download onto the new iPod

I bought a new iPod - I have a lot of music on my mac that I want to download onto the new iPod - I do not download music - I have CDs - my Itunes icon is labeled music - this is a change - how can I download my music

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 2:49 PM

As you did with iTunes, connect it with a USB. Notice that the device will register in Finder rather than iTunes, but otherwise it works the same. See more info here:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

8 replies

Jun 10, 2020 7:33 PM in response to ed2345

there was nothing in Finder but I do see the iPod is on the sidebar Karen's iPod and it appears to be the newer on - I do not know how to use Finder except to empty trash - my music was saved to a Seagate device we bought when we got the MAC computer - I have successfully synced 3 iPods - I did find the iPod I thought I lost today but it does not have enough memory for all my music and it is divided up very weirdly - I planned to buy the one I have now with more storage but nothing is working

Jun 10, 2020 7:52 PM in response to ed2345

Thank you so much - it worked - I am very bad at understanding what I need to do with technology - I always meant to go to classes at the apple store and was so busy with work I just got by mostly on what other people showing me what to do - I do not use these devices as most people do - I will only use the music on the iPod - I rarely use my phone - I typically use the computers for email and looking up things on BING - I will not use any of the other apps on the iPod - so thank you for your help - sorry I took so long to figure this out - my music is a real life saver for me especially in this time of staying home - again thank you so much for your help and patience - I will go to bed happy!!! Karen

I bought a new ipod - I have a lot of music on my mac I want to download onto the new iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.