Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing ALL of my music from my old Ipod to the new one. Not just the purchased songs

I received a new ipod and want to change ALL of my music, 2,000 songs, over to my new ipod. Going to the itunes store it will only download purchases ive made through itunes store. What ive done to try to get the rest is update my computer, the apple store, both ipods, turned off and on everything. went to Properties and changed the preferences to not to sync automatic to auto and to sync all of the music. Its been about 5 hours and all of that gave me nothing. Then i called apple and the guy said because it is songs not from Ipod there is nothing to do for it. Please help, thank you

iPod, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 10:03 AM

You cannot transfer (or copy) music from one iPod to another.

• If the music was purchased from the iTunes store, you can sign into the store on your second iPod and download your purchases directly from the store
  • If the music came from other sources, such as Amazon, Bandcamp, or from your own CDs and is in your iTunes library, you can copy it from that library to the new iPod
    • if you do not have copies of purchases from other sources in your iTunes Library, download them from your account with that store
    • if you do not have copies of your CDs in an iTunes Library, you will either have to re-copy them from CD into your current iTunes Library, or use the methods suggested by tt2 in his article: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community. Once in a library, you can copy them onto your second iPod

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 10:03 AM in response to starr_61

You cannot transfer (or copy) music from one iPod to another.

• If the music was purchased from the iTunes store, you can sign into the store on your second iPod and download your purchases directly from the store
  • If the music came from other sources, such as Amazon, Bandcamp, or from your own CDs and is in your iTunes library, you can copy it from that library to the new iPod
    • if you do not have copies of purchases from other sources in your iTunes Library, download them from your account with that store
    • if you do not have copies of your CDs in an iTunes Library, you will either have to re-copy them from CD into your current iTunes Library, or use the methods suggested by tt2 in his article: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community. Once in a library, you can copy them onto your second iPod

Changing ALL of my music from my old Ipod to the new one. Not just the purchased songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.