Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset ipad

I was just given a work ipad that was used by a previous employee. Her apple ID is still on the iPad and the iPad will not let me sign her out with the password. We have contacted her and she has no idea what the password to her apple ID was... Is there a way to wipe the ipad without her password? I cannot seem to figure out a way.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:49 AM

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you can have Apple unlock your iPad.

Activation Lock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 9:49 AM in response to mhall-lava

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you can have Apple unlock your iPad.

Activation Lock

How to reset ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.