Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music with iOS 13 and beyond unresponsive

Why do I have to tap albums artists and songs four and five times to make the selection? Is this normal?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 11:20 AM

Hi Dave778778,

Thanks for testing this with your iPhone set up as a new device.

Since you still have the issue of having to tap several times to select something in the Music app, even after setting up your iPhone as a new device, I suggest contacting Apple Support directly to see what other options you have to get this resolved.

You can reach out to them here: Apple - Get Support

Have a great day!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 11:20 AM in response to Dave778778

Hi Dave778778,

Thanks for testing this with your iPhone set up as a new device.

Since you still have the issue of having to tap several times to select something in the Music app, even after setting up your iPhone as a new device, I suggest contacting Apple Support directly to see what other options you have to get this resolved.

You can reach out to them here: Apple - Get Support

Have a great day!

Dec 21, 2019 7:49 AM in response to Dave778778

Hi Dave778778,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you need to tap four or five times in Apple Music to select an album or song.

I'm glad to help with this.

Have you restarted the iPhone using “slide to power off”? Restarting can often clear up issues. This explains how:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If you still have this issue after restarting, is it only happening in the Apple Music app, or do you notice that you have trouble with tapping on the screen in other apps as well?

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Dec 22, 2019 2:53 PM in response to Dave778778

Hi Dave778778,

You've done a lot of good troubleshooting.

It's possible that there is a settings conflict that a fresh installation of iOS 13.3 might clear up.

When you have the time, try erasing your iPhone to factory settings using your Mac, and test to see if you're still having the issue while set up as new (with no restored backup). You can see how to erase and set up as new here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If you're not having the issue while set up as new, you can erase again and restore your backup.

Before erasing your iPhone, please make sure to back up your device so that your information will be safe. This article explains how to do that: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

All the best.

Dec 21, 2019 8:20 AM in response to rose_10

Thanks for concern sarah_s1. This happens exclusively with my Apple Music app. I’ve restarted, rebooted, erased phone and restored from backup, I’ve contacted support and they advised me to delete music app and reinstall. Did that. Still present. One thing I haven’t done is plug the phone into my MacBook and reinstall the software but I’m kind of reluctant because nothing else has worked and it’s a long arduous process. And really tapping and tapping is annoying but in the end the selection goes through and the song plays.

Jan 9, 2020 2:10 PM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris_g1... I’ve contacted Apple support five times, the last time was today where they kept me on the phone for an hour fiddling with settings. They did a diagnostic scan of my phone and said they didn’t find an issue. It is strange and it’s strange Apple support is giving me the runaround. All in all the issue persists and if there’s any other suggestions I’ll welcome them. In the meantime, I’ll live with the issue. It’s really not that bad and Apple Music and my iPhone are still my faves.🙂📲🎶

Apple Music with iOS 13 and beyond unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.