Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message App missing from Share Sheet ios13

With IOS13, I can no longer go to my photos and send pictures to a text message. I have to actually begin in a text message and pick a photo. This is on my Iphone 11 Pro Max.

I did some research and noticed that devices that have management profiles can be affected. I unfortunately, do NOT have any profiles.

Anyone else having this issue or a solution?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 2:19 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 21, 2019 9:39 AM in response to boss26

Hello boss26,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with adding an app to your sharing menu.

This article talks about your sharing options: Share photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support

Since the Messages app is not showing in that share menu, you can add it to the share list: Install and manage app extensions on iPhone - Apple Support

"Manage sharing or action options

1. Tap , then tap More. (You may need to swipe the options left to reveal More.)
  2. Turn the sharing or action options on or off.
  3. To reorder the options, touch and drag .
  4. Tap Done."

Thanks and have a  wonderful day.

Dec 24, 2019 12:00 PM in response to boss26

Hello boss26,

Thanks for verifying the info and edit options. I believe you are stating "but it’s not listed as turned off." that it is there as enabled, but you still do not have the option to share to the Messages app. Is this correct?

Are any restrictions blocking you from allowing changes to privacy settings or any other settings? If so, you will need to disable these restrictions: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can edit the Messages app from the list and it is currently showing there, please remove it from the list. Then restart your iPhone Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Then, go back and re-enable Messages in the Share Menu.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Message App missing from Share Sheet ios13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.