Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing option to share photo to recent iMessage conversation

At some point in the last few/several weeks, the option to share a photo with recent iMessage conversations has disappeared. I have an iPhone 7, just upgraded to iOS 14.4. I initially thought it might just be a feature change with a recent update, but my wife's XR still displays the conversations as mine used to, between the selected picture(s) and available apps. I've scanned through settings and don't see anything applicable and have been unsuccessful finding any others out there reporting the same problem. I'll try a reset/restore next but wanted to make sure there wasn't an obvious solution that I was missing first. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 3:35 PM

Hello PCTEVE757,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We see that contact suggestions are missing when trying to share photos from your recently updated iPhone 7. We're happy to help.

Please try the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search > make sure "Suggestions when Sharing" is turned on.
  2. Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Contacts > make sure "Show Siri Suggestions in App" and "Learn from this App" are turned on.
  3. Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Messages > make sure "Show Siri Suggestions in App" and "Learn from this App" are turned on.
  4. Make sure your contacts appear in the Contacts app.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 3:35 PM in response to PCTEVE757

Hello PCTEVE757,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We see that contact suggestions are missing when trying to share photos from your recently updated iPhone 7. We're happy to help.

Please try the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search > make sure "Suggestions when Sharing" is turned on.
  2. Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Contacts > make sure "Show Siri Suggestions in App" and "Learn from this App" are turned on.
  3. Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Messages > make sure "Show Siri Suggestions in App" and "Learn from this App" are turned on.
  4. Make sure your contacts appear in the Contacts app.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Missing option to share photo to recent iMessage conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.