Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS15, Photos/videos disappear

After receiving a photo or video via iMessage and saving this to photos, the photo or video disappears a few hours after deleting the original iMessage.

Have tried this several times with the same results and has only started happening since updating to IOS 15.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:56 PM

I have read about what you mentioned in your post, here ➔ iOS 15 deleting photos from photos app when a message thread is deleted.

As you will see, that this is happening to more folks aside from you. What I recommend is that you not delete any message threads, which may have photos that you need, until Apple releases a fix for this in one of their upcoming updates. Also, be sure to send product feedback directly to Apple here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 9:56 PM in response to Cross1903

I have read about what you mentioned in your post, here ➔ iOS 15 deleting photos from photos app when a message thread is deleted.

As you will see, that this is happening to more folks aside from you. What I recommend is that you not delete any message threads, which may have photos that you need, until Apple releases a fix for this in one of their upcoming updates. Also, be sure to send product feedback directly to Apple here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

IOS15, Photos/videos disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.