Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage won’t attach photo from non-camera roll choices

On iPhone XS or my iPad 11” pro, I can’t seem (lost the ability from prior) to get photos to attach to messages if they are not on the camera roll. If I navigate to photo stream, or other locations, once I select “choose”, it goes back to message with nothing attached. Can’t do in iMessage or standard text message on latest iOS 12.3.1 on both iPad and iPhone XS. Thoughts? Reboot without success

thanks,

adam

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 4:12 PM

I have this problem as well and previously had the ability to attach non-camera roll pics from the iMessage app. I realize there is a work around, but wondering why this feature has been taken away. And why allow navigation from within the iMessages app to other photo folders if there is no way to actually attach them?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 4:12 PM in response to AdamF3

I have this problem as well and previously had the ability to attach non-camera roll pics from the iMessage app. I realize there is a work around, but wondering why this feature has been taken away. And why allow navigation from within the iMessages app to other photo folders if there is no way to actually attach them?

iMessage won’t attach photo from non-camera roll choices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.