Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate computers in my device list

I am seeing my same device (a Macbook Pro) listed twice among my devices. I know its the same one because the serial numbers are identical. I have no idea how that happened but I want to delete one of them. Does it matter which one I delete?

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 7:31 PM

Apple5821 wrote:

I am seeing my same device (a Macbook Pro) listed twice among my devices. I know its the same one because the serial numbers are identical. I have no idea how that happened but I want to delete one of them. Does it matter which one I delete?

You can sign into your AppleID and remove it there: Apple ID account page,

select your duplicate>Remove

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 7:31 PM in response to Apple5821

Apple5821 wrote:

You can sign into your AppleID and remove it there: Apple ID account page,

select your duplicate>Remove

Dec 18, 2019 6:59 PM in response to Apple5821

It may not matter because you can add a device that is not listed...see the below link.

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

It may or may not matter if only one is listed in iTunes check the below link and click the "View My Account" link on that page.

View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

But then again you can re add one. Also it will not do any harm to keep both but I understand why you want to delete one.

My phone number was listed twice, I waited a year before I removed one just in case.

duplicate computers in my device list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.