Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for 1 macbook air to have two different serial number?

The serial number on the cover is different from the one under "about this Mac". should I be worried? At one point on my iphone under Apple ID it showed two MacBook Air's logged onto my ID. I removed the one that didn't match the cover and that was before I noticed the different numbers.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 11:24 AM

Another possibility is that the logic board was replaced at some point. The replacement would have a different serial number and the tech is supposed to register the new one with Apple. I had that happen once; Apple had the technician come back (this was a repair at home) and register it properly. So, I would contact Apple and check on it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 11:24 AM in response to zandile34

Another possibility is that the logic board was replaced at some point. The replacement would have a different serial number and the tech is supposed to register the new one with Apple. I had that happen once; Apple had the technician come back (this was a repair at home) and register it properly. So, I would contact Apple and check on it.

Is it possible for 1 macbook air to have two different serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.