Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Logic board replaced

I had my logic board replaced by an Apple authorized dealer. When I got my MacBook Pro back and logged into my Apple ID, there are now 2 MacBook Pro entries in my Apple ID with the same serial number. I can delete one but not the other. Is it safe to delete the one I can?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 7:21 AM

Yes if they have the same serial number the one you can delete is the old one that you are not currently using, and the one you can't delete is the one that is signed in with your Apple ID right now

Many thanks

Erik

5 replies

Mar 19, 2020 8:09 AM in response to erikas273

Thanks Erik. It took me a couple times, but it was finally removed. But one problem that I'm still having, that I'm not sure if it's related to my original question. if you don't mind me asking about it, is with Messages on my MacBook I can't send/receive messages to others like I used to be able to before the logic board replacement. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!!

Mar 20, 2020 1:08 AM in response to Mlgsac

So If you have the logic board changed but they didn't flash the serial number, it is a simple matter. Either they or any authorized Apple technical service can and will flash it for you. On the other hand if they have flashed something wrong or different you can't have it reflashed and you need to discuss your options with the store or service provider, or you can always contact apple support and go through the process with them

Many thanks

Erik

Mar 20, 2020 4:38 AM in response to erikas273

Thanks again for the reply Erik. I googled the issue with Messages and started walking through some of the steps that I hadn't done previously and it was either turning on message forwarding to my iPhone (which by the way wasn't in the steps, I just happened to see that on my phone) or it was a combination of that and a couple other things that resolved it. I'm now able to send and receive non-apple device messages on my MacBook.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. It's much appreciated!

Apr 18, 2020 8:44 AM in response to Mlgsac

I have the same issue but my Apple ID is signed in under the MacBook with the old logic board. But the "This MacBook" under Apple ID is not the identity with the Apple ID sign in. Both of the serial numbers are the same. Can I still delete the previous MacBook identity and then be able to sign in under the "This MacBook" with the new logic board identity? Thank you.

MacBook Pro Logic board replaced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.