Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorized apple dealer refuses to service my iphone cause it belongs to another region

When apple refuses to support you to get a battery replacement at authorized dealer located in Saudi Arabia, with an excuse of that the device belongs to another territory and they won't allow it. What would u do? With all this complications

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 5:56 AM

Yes, every iPhone warranty includes (and has always included) a clause that warranty service may be restricted to the country of original retail purchase from Apple or an Apple authorized seller. So the service provider is within their rights under the warranty term to refuse service.

You can try another service provider or return to the country you bought the iPhone in and get it serviced there.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 5:56 AM in response to Mohamed_Elshourbagy

Yes, every iPhone warranty includes (and has always included) a clause that warranty service may be restricted to the country of original retail purchase from Apple or an Apple authorized seller. So the service provider is within their rights under the warranty term to refuse service.

You can try another service provider or return to the country you bought the iPhone in and get it serviced there.

Dec 19, 2019 8:38 AM in response to Mohamed_Elshourbagy

It’s not just warranty, any service on an iPhone may be restricted to the country where the phone was initially purchased. There are different model iPhones for each region to comply with local licensing of electronic devices that emit radio waves. Other than screen and battery replacement Apple doe not repair phones in the field, they replace them (in or out of warranty) then send the phone to a central depot for refurbishing. But the Apple stores and authorized repair facilities in one region won’t have the correct replacements for another region. Even for a battery replacement if the tech makes a mistake and damages the phone they won’t have a replacement to give you.

Dec 19, 2019 9:03 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:
But the Apple stores and authorized repair facilities in one region won’t have the correct replacements for another region. Even for a battery replacement if the tech makes a mistake and damages the phone they won’t have a replacement to give you.

Some reports are that even battery service may be done as complete replacements depending on the location. I recall someone posting from the Philippines said that it was the way AASPs there did it, but he was able to get a battery replacement done at an Apple Store in Singapore.

That would definitely affect it based on regional distribution of the device since a complete replacement pretty much has to be for a functionally identical device.

Dec 22, 2019 6:08 AM in response to Mohamed_Elshourbagy

Mohamed_Elshourbagy wrote:
Well i got what you meant, however by consulting apple they informed me that the model number of my phone is A1688 and that it is eligible for service in Saudi Arabia!!!, the original country of sales is Japan, yet this really weird, why the dealer still insists not to change the battery!, any other ideas guys!!???

Could depend on the AASP. Not all are authorized to actually change batteries and do complete swaps.

Authorized apple dealer refuses to service my iphone cause it belongs to another region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.