Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

genius not working

Why has my genius in iTunes stopped working? I tried to update it but it won't.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 9:39 AM

Hi Timdog33,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to update Genius for iTunes on your Mac. I'll be happy to help.

I recommend to temporarily turn off Genius by having the iTunes app open, then navigate to the menu bar, select File > Library > Turn off Genius. Then you can turn it back on and see if you can update Genius it by going to the menu bar, selecting File > Library > Update Genius.

If that doesn't help, I suggest restarting your Mac in safe mode to see if you can update Genius without any problems. Here's additional information about safe mode and how to perform this step: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 9:39 AM in response to Timdog33

Hi Timdog33,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to update Genius for iTunes on your Mac. I'll be happy to help.

I recommend to temporarily turn off Genius by having the iTunes app open, then navigate to the menu bar, select File > Library > Turn off Genius. Then you can turn it back on and see if you can update Genius it by going to the menu bar, selecting File > Library > Update Genius.

If that doesn't help, I suggest restarting your Mac in safe mode to see if you can update Genius without any problems. Here's additional information about safe mode and how to perform this step: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Kind regards.

genius not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.