Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 does not ring when I receive a call

My iPhone 11 doesn’t ring when I receive a call. I have my settings set for ring but no sound when calls or texts come in. The side button is not on mute.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:31 AM

Okay, you say it does not ring, now you are saying that it rings lightly. If it is ringing, check the volume for the ringer. Then, understand that with the iPhones with Face ID, the phone will ring once, and then once the phone recognizes that you are attentive and looking at the phone, the volume will automatically go down, since it recognizes that you appear to be ready to answer the call. This is a feature of the phone. You can turn this off if you wish. Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode. From there, go down to Attention Aware Features and you can turn that off. There is a short explanation of the feature directly below the switch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 9:31 AM in response to JoGree

Okay, you say it does not ring, now you are saying that it rings lightly. If it is ringing, check the volume for the ringer. Then, understand that with the iPhones with Face ID, the phone will ring once, and then once the phone recognizes that you are attentive and looking at the phone, the volume will automatically go down, since it recognizes that you appear to be ready to answer the call. This is a feature of the phone. You can turn this off if you wish. Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode. From there, go down to Attention Aware Features and you can turn that off. There is a short explanation of the feature directly below the switch.

iphone 11 does not ring when I receive a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.