Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Airport Express

Does anyone know if there’s a device that does the same thing as the Apple Airport Express? I’ve been using this device for years and it’s starting to have problems. Now that Apple doesn’t make it anymore, is there anything out there that I can use to replace it?

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 2:01 PM

What model airport do you have?

I agree with Bob.. if Express fits your needs, grab one now.. I notice prices on second hand airports are starting to drop dramatically on eBay. (Australia) The demand has dropped as people move to other equipment to suit their purposes.. Express still seem way over priced to me.. but if you want a good Gen2 Express not too old.. now is the time.

And whilst alternatives certainly exist.. mostly in the form of receivers without the network ability of the express, prices are pretty hefty for anything of quality. Lots of cheap junk from China that claims Airplay but in practice I doubt.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 2:01 PM in response to jgloates

What model airport do you have?

I agree with Bob.. if Express fits your needs, grab one now.. I notice prices on second hand airports are starting to drop dramatically on eBay. (Australia) The demand has dropped as people move to other equipment to suit their purposes.. Express still seem way over priced to me.. but if you want a good Gen2 Express not too old.. now is the time.

And whilst alternatives certainly exist.. mostly in the form of receivers without the network ability of the express, prices are pretty hefty for anything of quality. Lots of cheap junk from China that claims Airplay but in practice I doubt.

Dec 19, 2019 1:10 PM in response to jgloates

Does anyone know if there’s a device that does the same thing as the Apple Airport Express?

No other manufacturer offers a product that would do what an AirPort Express can do.

If you need a device like this, it might be a good idea to stock up while product is still available. Last time I checked a few weeks ago, Ebay.com was offering new, refurbished and used AirPort Express devices.

If you only need an Express for AirPlay service and your amplifier or speaker has an HDMI input, then you could use an Apple TV for AirPlay service.

Apple Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.