Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The comment box in Apple Numbers

Is their a a way to widen the Comment Box in the Numbers spreadsheets?

I use numbers on my MacBook Air and attach Comments to cells quite often, but the box is to narrow at about 1" wide and is hard to read when you enter a lot of text. I would like to change the size of the box to four inches wide if possible.

I would also like to change the font size inside the box if possible, as it is hard for my eyes to read!

Any help is appreciated.

FrankHad

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 7:27 AM

Hello, FrankHad.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you want to know about adjusting the font size and the comment box size in Numbers. I'd be glad to help. This link can show you how to adjust the font size: Add and manage comments in Numbers on Mac

"Choose Numbers > Preferences (from the Numbers menu at the top of your screen).

Click General.

Click the Text Size pop-up menu, then choose a size".

This in turn will also adjust the comment box but there isn't a way to adjust the box itself. I'd recommend providing feedback using this link: Feedback

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 7:27 AM in response to FrankHad

Hello, FrankHad.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you want to know about adjusting the font size and the comment box size in Numbers. I'd be glad to help. This link can show you how to adjust the font size: Add and manage comments in Numbers on Mac

"Choose Numbers > Preferences (from the Numbers menu at the top of your screen).

Click General.

Click the Text Size pop-up menu, then choose a size".

This in turn will also adjust the comment box but there isn't a way to adjust the box itself. I'd recommend providing feedback using this link: Feedback

Cheers!

The comment box in Apple Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.