Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers on Mac ( Create and edit comment )

Hello

I use numbers every day for budgeting purposes since 10 years.

I have recently noticed there is a comment icon at top of task bar within

Numbers. So after inserting a comment within any cell, I found it convenient to make notes within specific cells which I have payments due on, which gives me a reminder as to more specific info about that payment.

So, my question is when I create a new comment is it possible to highlight a specific part of my comment not the entire comment?

Thanks Hope you can help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:04 PM

I was confused by your use of "comment" when you were referring to the notes you were making in a cell. It sounds like you want to highlight a section of your text in the cell and make a comment for it, like you might do when marking up a Word document. Comments are only for the entire cell, though.

The only idea I have that would be even close to what you are asking is to use superscripts and then use those same numbers in the comment. It is not as simple by a long shot but it's all I got. You can put the superscript icon on the toolbar right next to the comment icon to make it simpler. Or use "Control Shift Command +" (not "Control Command +" as shown in the menu system because it does something very different).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 1:04 PM in response to daryl1965

I was confused by your use of "comment" when you were referring to the notes you were making in a cell. It sounds like you want to highlight a section of your text in the cell and make a comment for it, like you might do when marking up a Word document. Comments are only for the entire cell, though.

The only idea I have that would be even close to what you are asking is to use superscripts and then use those same numbers in the comment. It is not as simple by a long shot but it's all I got. You can put the superscript icon on the toolbar right next to the comment icon to make it simpler. Or use "Control Shift Command +" (not "Control Command +" as shown in the menu system because it does something very different).

Numbers on Mac ( Create and edit comment )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.