Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

chronic bluetooth headset disconnect & reconnect

My Jabra Steel bluetooth headset suddenly started to disconnect, and instantly reconnect from my iPhone 8 for no reason. The phone is less than a month old an has worked flawlessly for most of that time. The phone is on my belt ,and the headset is in my ear 99% of the time. It also happens intermittently when opening the phone from a locked screen or, opening and switching apps. I contacted Jabra and they had me reset the headset and forget the device but, I fear it is something with the phone, not the headset because of the latter situation. I've gone through the setting that I can find that might be related.

Ideas? settings?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 7:50 AM

Hello BrianB724,

I understand that your Bluetooth headset suddenly started disconnecting and then it instantly reconnects. I am happy to help.

Follow the steps provided in the article below for help with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may also want to check to see if there is any interferences that may be causing the Bluetooth to disconnect.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Have you tried any other Bluetooth accessories and do they disconnect and connect like the Jabra Steel does?

Let me know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. 

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 7:50 AM in response to BrianB724

Hello BrianB724,

I understand that your Bluetooth headset suddenly started disconnecting and then it instantly reconnects. I am happy to help.

Follow the steps provided in the article below for help with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may also want to check to see if there is any interferences that may be causing the Bluetooth to disconnect.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Have you tried any other Bluetooth accessories and do they disconnect and connect like the Jabra Steel does?

Let me know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. 

Take care.

chronic bluetooth headset disconnect & reconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.