Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures not showing in Mac Photos

Hello,

after a crash, my Mac Photos 1.5 (on an old MacBook Pro late 2009 with Mac OS El Capitan) doesn't show a big amount of pictures anymore - apparently most of those used in the Photo book I was working on.

I verified that the pictures are still within the Photo Library.

My attempts:

• Repaired photo library several times
  • Tried to open the application with a backup copy of the photo library
  • Tried to open the application in Safe Mode
  • Trashed the plist preferences

None worked.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Saverio

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 11:15 AM

apparently most of those used in the Photo book I was working on.

Are you trying to create a photo book, to have it printed by Apple?

You know, that Apple is no longer offering any print services for books, calendars, cards, and prints since September 30, 2018?

You will not be able to get your book printed by Apple, even if you can recover your photos.

Are you seeing the photos still in the Masters folder inside the Photos Library? Then copy the Masters folder out of the library and try to reimport the files.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 11:15 AM in response to prisko

apparently most of those used in the Photo book I was working on.

Are you trying to create a photo book, to have it printed by Apple?

You know, that Apple is no longer offering any print services for books, calendars, cards, and prints since September 30, 2018?

You will not be able to get your book printed by Apple, even if you can recover your photos.

Are you seeing the photos still in the Masters folder inside the Photos Library? Then copy the Masters folder out of the library and try to reimport the files.

Dec 21, 2019 12:45 AM in response to léonie

Yes, I know. I was about to use another service. I always used iPhoto to make my photo books and it was so cool...

Thanks for the suggestion. That solves the problem of actually seeing my pictures in Photos. However, I was hoping to recover my hard work on the photo book, but of course that's not going to happen

Thanks anyway Léonie!

Pictures not showing in Mac Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.