Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with editing pictures using "photos"

Looking for an explanation/solution to me problem editing pictures using "Photos" I'm using a Late 2011 13' MacBook Pro. I am able to crop or rotate the image, but as soon as I try to adjust the colours or lighting on my RAW images taken from my DSLR I get the below image. I have tried repairing the library, and have also opened a new library and imported 1 picture into that library and the same problem exists when I try to edit. I will also occasionally get the missing thumbnail or blacked out picture in place of the blue screen below, but after restarting the picture can be viewed again with no issues (but not edited)

All photos are stored on internal Mac hard drive. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with no updates showing available for my MacBook Pro.

Thanks for any help or input.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 10:57 PM

Which camera model are the RAW images from? Are you using a compressed RAW format? Is the RAW format of your camera supported on macOS 10.12? Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 10 and macOS Sierra - Apple Support

The raw files may be using an unsupported color sync profile. As a test, export one of the RAW files from photos with "File > Export > Export unmodified original". Then open the exported photo in Preview and click the menu item "Tools > Show Inspector". Look at the EXIF tab. Are there any entries about the color space? It should be RGB or sRGB.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2019 10:57 PM in response to late2011macbookpro

Which camera model are the RAW images from? Are you using a compressed RAW format? Is the RAW format of your camera supported on macOS 10.12? Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 10 and macOS Sierra - Apple Support

The raw files may be using an unsupported color sync profile. As a test, export one of the RAW files from photos with "File > Export > Export unmodified original". Then open the exported photo in Preview and click the menu item "Tools > Show Inspector". Look at the EXIF tab. Are there any entries about the color space? It should be RGB or sRGB.

Issues with editing pictures using "photos"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.