Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID email works when I sign in online but iPhone 11 won’t allow me to make it my Apple ID on phone

i have been really frustrated because my iPhone 11 is currently using my wife’s Apple ID. I am in need of help switching to another Calie Apple ID. When I try to delete her Apple ID and religion with mine it claims “Email used by another Apple ID. This email address is not available. Choose a different address.” I have not been able to fix this yet, and it is really frustrating.

I am able to log in to my Apple ID online.

thank you for any help you can provide to fix this.

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:53 AM

Doing the above would erase the phone. If I understand correctly, your Apple ID works normally everywhere except when you try to sign into the phone. If that is correct, I would try contacting Apple ID Support. I have read a few posts where a person's ID was rejected only on one device, even though it worked everywhere else. Following the support links are some suggestions for when you can swap the ID.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

When changing to the new ID, there may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion. Also set up Family Sharing to keep access to your apps/purchases. 

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 6:53 AM in response to Mrk-1234

Doing the above would erase the phone. If I understand correctly, your Apple ID works normally everywhere except when you try to sign into the phone. If that is correct, I would try contacting Apple ID Support. I have read a few posts where a person's ID was rejected only on one device, even though it worked everywhere else. Following the support links are some suggestions for when you can swap the ID.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

When changing to the new ID, there may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion. Also set up Family Sharing to keep access to your apps/purchases. 

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

My Apple ID email works when I sign in online but iPhone 11 won’t allow me to make it my Apple ID on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.