Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a scam?

Received a text "Thank you for purchasing acuprime subscription from itune store. Your order id ____________ amount 499.99 usd if you haven't placed this order then call

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 6:02 PM

14 replies

Dec 27, 2019 8:38 AM in response to lin256

I just received the same message for acuprime which is alternative medicine: I called the number, was on hold forever then a Eastern Indian person who sounded garbled and extremely strong accent answered and wanted to know the email address this was sent to, of course it wa a text. I said FU this is a scam and he hung up. I looked up my credit card on file, deleted it and no charges from iTunes for that were on it, but ... on amazon recently my husband had charges he never charged and we didn’t see it on his amazon account either. I’ll look up my credit card now. The charges were $499.00

Jan 27, 2020 10:45 AM in response to lin256

I received a text message thanking me for my AcuPrime subscription from the App Store for $499.99. It also gave me an order number and a phone # to call if this order hasn't been placed. I see I am not the only person to have received this text. But I just got a new Apple phone and I'm concerned that that transaction may have prompted the call.

I've changed my Apple ID password about 12 times - I really don't want to do it again.

Opinions.

Jan 30, 2020 11:47 AM in response to lin256

I also received a text...

"Thank you for purchasing AcuPrime subscription from App Store. Your order details are as below. 

Amount: 499.99 USD 

Order ID:

If this order hasn't been placed by you, Then call our support team on 1-888-918-***."

I did not order this and have no idea how they received my information or phone number. This came up on Messenger.

[Edited by Moderator]

Jan 30, 2020 1:00 PM in response to lin256

I just got this text as well, i called the number from a landline and they answered it as apple support. She started asking me for email address and phone numbers I said look i am not comfortable giving you any more of my information she said well we have to send you a security code so I can be sure who you are, I said yea well I am not sure who you are. I will call apple myself and hung up. Now I am sitting on hold waiting for apple to pick up. Don't see any charges in iTunes subscription history.

[Edited by Moderator]

Is this a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.