You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life of iPad 7th Generation

I recebtly bought the iPad 7th Generation, but its battery life seems to be pretty fleeting? I've looked online and other sources say it should last practically the whole day? I've only used it for less than 2 hours and it went from 100% to 67% (using just Youtube for my nephew)... is this normal?? I'm thinking of asking an Apple Store employee in person, but I figured I'd ask around to see if this was normal or not first.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 6:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2019 7:26 PM in response to cklkim

Usually, new iDevices are not charged up fully out of the box.

I doubt your iPad out of the box was charged to 100%

Also, using any iDevice at full screen brightness will be one of the things that reduce battery life quickly.

I would charge that iPad up to 100%, reduce the screen brightness to some lower, but still comfortable brightness level, then...

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation/battery optimisation user tips link.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10344

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together.

DO NOT simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance and/or battery optimisation “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice and battery performance.

Good Luck!

Battery life of iPad 7th Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.