Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally used my Apple ID to sign my child in as another user on her MacBook. I am the manager (?).

I accidentally used my Apple ID to sign my daughter into her MacBook as another user. I am the manager (?) How do I change her login over to her Apple ID so she doesn't have access to all my mail, Pages docs, etc?

Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:30 AM

If you are logged into System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) in her account, sign out and log in with her Apple ID. Use the list below as a guide of where to sign out of your ID and sign back in with her ID.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

Then go to System Preferences/Users & Groups and change the log in password for her account so her log in password is different than your password. You may need to change your log in password to something else if she knows your current password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 7:30 AM in response to TracyWhitt

If you are logged into System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) in her account, sign out and log in with her Apple ID. Use the list below as a guide of where to sign out of your ID and sign back in with her ID.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

Then go to System Preferences/Users & Groups and change the log in password for her account so her log in password is different than your password. You may need to change your log in password to something else if she knows your current password.

I accidentally used my Apple ID to sign my child in as another user on her MacBook. I am the manager (?).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.