You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HANDSFREE LIMITATIONS

I have an iphone 6 with 12.4.4 installed. I'm using it BT with a newer Pioneer Digital car receiver (MVH-X580BS) that is "made for iOS /iphone.

When using it in hands free mode while driving using Siri via BT to look up a phone number on the internet or read back a new text message the iphone responds that "it cannot do that while I'm driving". I thought that was the whole point of hands free.....?

What are the limitations of the phone when it's moving in the car?

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 9:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 10:32 AM

CHECK if new car for CAR PLAY SETTINGS - autos like the new Elantra are a snap & fast. - plug into USB port built into car... tape connect and sync and you're done.

Depends on the car, you can check the booklet or the mfg website for specifics.

If the car bluetooth has not been updated that alone could throw a monkey wrench into the problem.

Some are easy and others are more challenging to connect with

You can always unpair and repair.

Go to bluetooth and make sure it's connected and tap on the little i icon

and open the next menu - make sure all boxes checked including sync contacts.

Turn off car - open close driver door - lock, unlock, open close start

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2019 10:32 AM in response to anniesball

CHECK if new car for CAR PLAY SETTINGS - autos like the new Elantra are a snap & fast. - plug into USB port built into car... tape connect and sync and you're done.

Depends on the car, you can check the booklet or the mfg website for specifics.

If the car bluetooth has not been updated that alone could throw a monkey wrench into the problem.

Some are easy and others are more challenging to connect with

You can always unpair and repair.

Go to bluetooth and make sure it's connected and tap on the little i icon

and open the next menu - make sure all boxes checked including sync contacts.

Turn off car - open close driver door - lock, unlock, open close start

HANDSFREE LIMITATIONS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.