Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview document opens in small window

When I open a PDF (or other documents) in preview, they always open in a small window and I have to drag the corners to enlarge it so it takes up the full screen. Is there a way to have documents open at full size and fill the screen by default?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 10:26 PM

8 replies

Dec 22, 2019 12:31 PM in response to dialabrain

That's what it's supposed to be but on three different Macs I have running Catalina 10.15.2 "ctrl shift F" doesn't do anything.

Which one is what it is supposed to be in Preview? I don't use any of the Full Screen garbage, so I don't know what it should be in Preview. I do know it should be cmd-shift-F just about everywhere else, though. In my Preview which I haven't altered in any way, cmd-shift-F is Slideshow.

Preview document opens in small window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.