Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air is asking for a username and password I don’t know which one I’m supposed to use

I just bought my MacBook Air and I went to open it and it is asking for a username and password and I’m not sure what it is

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 10:08 AM

Did you purchase this notebook new directly from Apple or used from a third-party source? If the latter, that source did not properly prepare this device to be sold and potentially still has the original owner's apps/data on it. Are you still able to contact them? If so, provide them with the following article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 10:08 AM in response to delmy80

Did you purchase this notebook new directly from Apple or used from a third-party source? If the latter, that source did not properly prepare this device to be sold and potentially still has the original owner's apps/data on it. Are you still able to contact them? If so, provide them with the following article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

My MacBook Air is asking for a username and password I don’t know which one I’m supposed to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.