Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro going insane

this has happened in the past.

my iPad Pro (2017) has been glitching and resetting constantly. The screen turns black (not off, although sometimes it does shut down on its own) making me have to hard reset it, and sometimes it won’t even turn on. In some instances, the apple logo is shown glitched and distorted, as well as glitching on the home screen, although I wasn’t unable to take a photo of that before it predictably shut down again. My storage was full before, but it is now down to the point where it should not be a problem. I don’t know what could possibly be causing this. When reset to factory, it seemed to function perfectly. I’m hesitant to go to the Genius Bar as last time this occurred, they were no help, recommending me to just hard reset it. That was not worth a 3 hour wait to hear. I have deadlines I need to finish soon and this is making it extremely difficult to work. I’m also not sure getting a new iPad would be the best idea as it seemed to be fine when reset to default. What is happening??

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 11:50 AM

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 11:50 AM in response to ccosmogg

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

iPad Pro going insane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.