Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out favorite icons

All of a sudden, all of my Favorite Bookmarks no longer have the colored icon. They're all greyed out. They work as a link, but I'm missing the details and color.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 10:42 AM

Hi ParrisWeitzman.

In general, the Apple Store is a better solution for repairs and such than for this kind of software issue. If the issue persists, you may want to reach out directly to Apple Support. If it is an issue that requires a Genius, they can also help you make an appointment.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Especially this time of year, if you do decide to head to the Apple Store, make sure you make an appointment. Going without one might be a bit of a Brilliant Mistake.

Cheers.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 10:42 AM in response to ParrisWeitzman

Hi ParrisWeitzman.

In general, the Apple Store is a better solution for repairs and such than for this kind of software issue. If the issue persists, you may want to reach out directly to Apple Support. If it is an issue that requires a Genius, they can also help you make an appointment.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Especially this time of year, if you do decide to head to the Apple Store, make sure you make an appointment. Going without one might be a bit of a Brilliant Mistake.

Cheers.

Dec 24, 2019 3:11 PM in response to ParrisWeitzman

Hello ParrisWeitzman and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with the icons for favorite web sites that appear when you open a fresh browser window showing as gray-scale rather than in color. Some users have reported that simply rebooting the Mac clears this issue.

If the issue persists after rebooting the Mac, move on to booting into safe mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

After booting into safe mode, reboot again normally and test. If the issue persists, set up a new admin account for testing.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Dec 24, 2019 4:15 PM in response to brenden dv

Thank you. Before posting my question I rebooted, went into safe mode, used another user account. Same issue in safe mode and other user account. I clicked on the grayed out Netflix icon and it brought me to the Netflix log in page, which was odd. It usually keeps me logged in. I logged in and the icon is now black and red, etc. So, I signed out of Google, signed back in...but all my Google icons (maps, mail, docs, etc.) are still greyed out.

The problem with the icons occurred AFTER I cleared my history.

I tried and I tried and I'm still mystified, I can't do it anymore and I'm not satisfied.

Greyed out favorite icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.