Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove photos from my iPhone but keep them on my mac

how do I remove pics and videos from my iPhone and keep them on my Mac..and but I want to keep some of them.

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 10:22 PM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2019 11:19 PM in response to daaints

Sync: Keep your data visible and available on all devices that you access to. Delete on one device will delete on all devices. Sync your photos manually with iTunes. Each time that you sync your iOS device with iTunes, the photos and videos on your iOS device update to match the albums on your computer.

Import: Store on Mac / PC / External HDD for long-term (Risk of HDD corruption / malfunctioning) Or Import from Mac/PC to iPhone. Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

Watch the GIF below for Sync and Import Process between Mac and iOS devices

how do I remove photos from my iPhone but keep them on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.