Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 connectivity issues with my Mazda CX-5 2016

My iPhone 8 connected well with my Mazda CX-5 but ever since I got the iPhone 11 max pro in 10/19 I have had connectivity issues. Cuts out when navigator gives instructions and I can’t hear Siri talking. TheRe was an apple bug fix download but the issue continues. I have reset my phone to factory settings 3 times, once at apple store and still not fixed. Many hours spent on phone or at Apple store but to no avail. Called Mazda and taking in to be checked next week but they are not aware of problem on their end. Some one please help!!!

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 12:05 AM

You have not mentioned what iOS versions you have on iPhone 8 and 11 Pro Max

If both has same iOS there shouldn't be any issue. Get your car audio checked using a reputed car dealer.

However..with iOS 13 following CarPlay features have been added

CarPlay

• All-new CarPlay Dashboard with your tunes, turns, and smart Siri suggestions on one screen
  • All-new Calendar app with a view of your day, option to drive to or dial in to meetings, and contact meeting organizers
  • Apple Maps redesign with Favorites, Collections, and Junction View for China
  • Apple Music album art to easily find your favorite song
  • Do Not Disturb while driving now available in CarPlay

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 12:05 AM in response to d.tilliris2

You have not mentioned what iOS versions you have on iPhone 8 and 11 Pro Max

If both has same iOS there shouldn't be any issue. Get your car audio checked using a reputed car dealer.

However..with iOS 13 following CarPlay features have been added

CarPlay

• All-new CarPlay Dashboard with your tunes, turns, and smart Siri suggestions on one screen
  • All-new Calendar app with a view of your day, option to drive to or dial in to meetings, and contact meeting organizers
  • Apple Maps redesign with Favorites, Collections, and Junction View for China
  • Apple Music album art to easily find your favorite song
  • Do Not Disturb while driving now available in CarPlay

iPhone 11 connectivity issues with my Mazda CX-5 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.